Here are the colors that came with the Halloween sock kit - I just didn't think the gold was a good color for the pumpkins so I used some orange from the stash.



I can't decide if the Peruvian patterned gloves from the small VK mitten & glove book are going to be spectacular or really gaudy. I have chosen a friend to give them to though. I gave her some top-down gauntlet Anna Zilboorg mittens and she loved them so I figure she'll wear these. There is an error on row 20 of the gauntlet chart - just make the uncolored squares yellow to make the gloves match the photo. Oddly enough I think on the photograph of the glove the sections of blue have been colored over by a magic marker or something. I'm tremendously curious as to what the previous color was.



I purchased three Maureen Mason-Jamieson patterns for hats. Mare did her Shadow hats and Theresa is doing her shadow cardigan and Geane mentioned she took a class with her. I like the way she adds fun new techniques in her patterns. She has a web site HERE and has additional patterns for a shadow knit vest and shawl for sale.



I also ordered three books from Schoolhouse Press including the tiny Latvian mitten book without patterns called Cimdi Duraini. I think I'll be able to just knit from the photographs if something turns me on. I also ordered the Tongue River Farm Sock Collection (I really love A Time to Knit Stockings) and Ted Myatt's Christmas stocking book.



Check out Joanne's blog Keep Talking. She put up a photo tour of the Brown Sheep factory and it is kind of neat to see photos of the place that makes one of my favorite all-purpose lines of yarn - Nature Spun.



I have a few items (knitting books/patterns/newsletters) I'd like to trade for yarn. Tomorrow I'll put the info up on the blog and see if anyone is interested.