Katherine Pence Socks

I received the three books I ordered from Schoolhouse Press. There was a small Christmas stocking book and The Tongue River Farm Sock Collection from Katherine Pence (now Katherine Misegades). I've always loved her designs from And a Time to Knit Stockings and this small booklet with 6 patterns is wonderful also. Check out MYKP's beautiful Waves & Rivulet Socks from the Tongue River book HERE - aren't they great? I want to make the Buds & Blossoms socks in black and white first.

Here are some photos of socks I did from her first book - I charted out Noel on top of the Christmas socks.





Best of all is the third book I received. It is a tiny book called Cimdi. Duraini. and it is full of gorgeous Latvian mittens and some gloves. No patterns, not much info, but some terrific photographic inspiration for our first snowy day here in NM. The one thing I notice about the Latvian mittens and gloves in it is that the tips of the fingers are much more pointy than usual. And lots of three color rows which we all love of course.