Thank you for your comments on the loss of Snickerdoodle. He was such a sweetie and the house feels really strange and quiet without him. We will find another rabbit or two in need of a good home one of these days when we feel ready. I appreciate all your kind words and I can use this time to check out all the great rabbits available for adoption.



For some reason my comfort zone knitting is colorwork mittens so I started on the November turkey mittens from A Year of Mittens in some stash Country Garden DK.



I'm not quite sure about the fate of the Peruvian Patterned Gloves from the small VK Mittens & Glove book. I didn't like the patterning on the fingers so did each finger a different color. DH calls them the "acid trip" gloves and they really are a bit much. Here is a photo of the scalloped gauntlet of the glove in progress and mind you, the colors look quite muted in the photo. I'll take a photo of the completed glove but I doubt I'll make a second one. I just don't know anyone who would wear them. My gauge is fine and the gauntlet goes almost all the way to my elbow.







The Heels & Toes Gazette issues have also been traded to Karine in Norway.



Debi who reads this blog sent me an excellent link to some really cool mini-sock earring kits you can buy. I'm going to buy one and then I can re-use the glove needles in size 0000. You can also just buy the needles alone if you like. Thanks Debi - I think you've found the only online source of 4" needles in sizes lower than 0. I'm looking forward to making these earrings. Perhaps some mini-Sanquhar sock earrings?