Vinternatt Mittens


Here are the Vinternatt Mittens, front and back, from a kit by Nordic Fiber Arts done in Strikkegarn on size 4 dpns I believe. I was initially worried there wouldn't be enough contrast with the colors I chose but I now like how they turned out. I decided not to baste the hems for a picot edging (I'm thinking these mittens might work for a boy) and just let them roll instead. I did them in a size small and had an entire skein of the blue color left over.


STUFF TO TRADE

I'll trade any of the items below for some fingering or sport weight 100% wool yarn (no superwash) in any solid color such as Brown Sheep's Nature Spun.

1. 4 issues of Stranded - the newsletter devoted to knitting colorwork by Bonnie Franz. Each issue is devoted to a single country and includes around 5 patterns. The issues for trade are January 2003 - Norway, Spring 2003 - New Zealand, Summer 2003 - Egypt, and Autumn 2003 - Shetland issue which has a pattern for Sanquhar toddler gloves. I'll trade these four issues for four skeins of yarn.

2. Zoe Mellor's 50 Baby Bootees to Knit: Packed with Patterns for Litle Bootees and Snuggly Socks for Newborn to Nine Months - this is a hardcover/spiral bound book and I'll trade it for five skeins of yarn to cover shipping.

3. Four issues (issues 9, 10, 11, 12) of Dawn Brocco's Heels and Toes Gazette - Winter 2002 to Fall 2003. Patterns include Striped Fulled Slippers, Christmas Booties, Shetland Lace Socks, Bi-Directional socks, Beaded Faux Cable Anklets, Handspun Cabled Socks for Men, and some Noro Kureyon Harlequin Slippers. I'll trade these four issues for four skeins of yarn. Email me if you're interested.




I've been making another Spontaneous Scarf to spend more time on the floor with Snickerdoodle who isn't feeling well again. He does seem to do better though when I spend a lot of quality time with him.