I've purposely been knitting with thicker yarn. This means I'm less happy but the projects get finished faster. After getting to the thumb increases for Merike's Gloves (Folk Knitting in Estonia, size 0 dpns) and noticing a huge mistake on the cuff, I came to the conclusion that I need bifocals. I've been putting this off for a while because obviously I'm way too young for bifocals. Ahh, vanity. So the bifocals have been ordered and I'll continue doing some thicker knitting until they arrive. I figure I can get some HRS knitting done in the meantime.

Melissa reports that Piecework has a Nancy Bush glove pattern and will continue to offer a Nancy Bush pattern in all the issues for 2004. This alone is enough to make me consider subscribing. I hope to find the current issue this week.

Anne sent me this photo of her s-curve mittens from the first Elsebeth Lavold book done in some pretty heathery Marr Haven yarn. The pattern is Harald I believe. Thanks for sending the photo Anne! I really have to try some Marr Haven yarn myself. Anne is currently working on some Norwegian mittens from Arnhild. I'm just about to order a mitten kit from Arnhild myself.