This is the multicolored funnel hat from Vogue Knitting Caps & Hats Two in various stash yarn. There is an error on rows 7-9 of Chart 1 - the center yellow cross is one column off skew in the chart.



I've received a bunch of Squawkbox comments which aren't showing up on the blog so I'll answer them here.



Robin commented about Nursery Rhyme Knits. Robin - the hats and mittens in the book are done in the round but the scarves aren't. I definitely think the book encourages figuring out different ways to accomplish the designs. For three and four color rows, I generally carry all the yarns although some knitters slip one color and then go back again and do the same row over again, knitting the slipped stitches and slipped the already knit stitches. Or you could certainly just introduce the colors where you need them and then cut the yarn and start over on each row. I don't mind working ends in so that would work for me. Robin, I do think you could figure out a way to knit the scarves in the round and then steek them.



Michelle asked about the lines on the argyle - yes those are duplicate stitch - the diagonal lines going through the center of the diamonds.



Lisa asked about the seam in the argyles - I'm not sure if you can feel the bulk of the seam when you wear the argyles because I've never tried one the one argyle I made. I'd have to finish seaming it first. Someone asked me a while back about the bulk of that seam and I said it is normal to have some bulk when you do mattress stitch. It is invisible on the outside but not on the inside. Also, Lisa, about Nursery Rhyme Knits - I think I will just try a pair of the mittens and just do it my usual method of fair isle in the round and see how that works. I'm too impatient to see the color progress to wait until the end to do duplicate stitch.



Aarlene asked about the Philosopher's Wool technique of weaving in unused colors and how that would work with three or four colors per row. That is a good question Aarlene as I've wondered about that myself. Does anyone know how the PW technique works in that situation?