Note To Self: Never again order a yarn color named shrimp.



This is the Blackberry Ridge Farms pet socks pattern although I substituted a different rabbit chart. I think the rabbit is a bit large for the sock and I'm now working on a second pair with yet another rabbit. The yarn is Country Garden DK (the shrimp color actually looks more "shrimpy" in person) and I used duplicate stitch for the rabbits. I'm not a huge fan of duplicate stitch - on these socks it feels almost like a patch and affects the elasticity. Plus duplicate stitches are always larger than the surrounding stitches if you look closely.









In the comments Kerstin asked about seaming two different knitting patterns. In that situation and also in a pattern where you have those annoying stair-stepped bindoffs for the shoulders I like the slip stitch crochet seam. It is one of the few seams done on the reverse side and it looks best if done a bit loosely.



Also, devBear asked about attaching yarn ends. I essentially do a reverse duplicate stitch on the back of the work with the yarn ends. I'll see if I can't get some sort of photo of this process next week.