Baseball seems to be taking over my life lately. I normally don't even watch much but something about the Red Sox and Yankees together makes for some seriously exciting and tense baseball. DH the lifelong Red Sox fan has even been having trouble sleeping after all these 4-5 hour extra-inning games every night.



While I've seen some really nice colorwork using one solid color and one multi-colored yarn the autumn socks are unfortunately not turning out that nice. I've decided to keep on knitting them though because they are mostly mindless and a good accompaniment to all this baseball. I'm not knitting as fast as I normally do because I keep putting them down to stare at some new amazing development on the field - police in riot gear, injured bleeding pitchers, bitter disputes with umpires, and really long games hinging on the very last pitch on a full count in the last inning. Susan thinks the Red Sox are trying to kill her from all this stress.



In lieu of a knitting FO photo this week, here are the Halloween socks I knit last year. The pattern is from Blackberry Ridge although I used an orange from the stash rather than the gold they sent. I charted out the BOO! on top and had to sew the long floats in after I finished the socks.