GETTING ORGANIZED



Yesterday evening I organized my overflowing recipe file and today I plan to organize my knitting/spinning stuff. All through the week I have a container in the living room where I put my needles and balls of yarn after I finish a project. At least once a week I put all the needles back in their circular solutions containers and all the yarn back in the Rubbermaid containers in Peaches' room.



I also need to write down my various completed projects in my knitting notebook. I'm about a month behind on that but I can use my blog archives to quickly get the info. I'll post my totals for the year once I finish. I also use my knitting notebook for project notes, a list of knitted items I send off to friends or charity, and fun quotes or ideas. Once I was watching figure skating on tv and a coach had on such a beautiful sweater (probably a Dale). I used my knitting notebook to jot down the details and I included a sketch.



I keep a small index card file for spinning. I put a small sample of each yarn spun on the index card along with all the pertinent details - date, whether spindle or wheel spun, where I got the fiber, what I plan to do with the yarn, etc. This index card file is also nostalgic with yarns from pets now in heaven and a sample of my very first handspun yarn in 1996.





I finished my experiments with my Romney. Surprisingly I could find absolutely no difference in the yarn plyed on the wheel and the yarn plyed with a spindle. None. I'm waiting until next week to look at the difference between the same fiber wheel spun and spindle spun.

I now have enough Romney spun to finish a pair of socks by Thursday to show you. This Romney isn't as elastic as I'd like so I'm just knitting some plain ribbed socks with it instead of something cabled.