Here is some of the blue Romney I purchased at Taos. I just adore the color - it is a cross between periwinkle and cornflower blue.









Today we finally checked out the new huge Talin international foods market. It is on Central and Louisiana in Albuquerque and is definitely worth a trip. I'm already planning on what to buy when I return. The store is divided into aisles for various cities - Manila, Kyoto, Milan, Bangkok, Cairo, etc. DH said it is his favorite grocery store of all time. The prices were good and the products ranged from the absolutely wild (headless ching chang, vegetarian squid balls, bottled eel, mustard oil, British white breakfast pudding, kimchee base, five kinds of natto) to the more mundane (Italian olive oils, tons of soy sauces, and a large wine section.)



I found many unusual items and was quite attracted to the wonderful smells in the Indian aisle with all the spices such as cardamom, the large moon cake display near the deli/bakery section (lotus rolls anyone?), and the produce section. There were plenty of vegetables I've never seen in my life - galangal root, bamboo, tiny green thai eggplant, limes the size of grapes, and yampa. They even had some of the controversial durian. But what really turned me on was the variety of Chinese greens. I hope to go back and get some soon - gai lan, gai choy, and many varieties of bok choy and cabbage. I did buy a few things - some imported Italian tomatoes, some chili bean paste, sesame oil, and some fresh dill for Peaches.