I know you don't want to hear it. I know you'll curse me. You may even hate me but really - it is now officially time to begin your holiday knitting. Yikes!

I want to accomplish more holiday knitting than usual this year. My college girlfriend and fellow Illinois State University French major Gracie is making me a beautiful quilt. I plan to hang it on the bedroom wall and decorate the whole bedroom around it. I've sent Gracie knitted items before but I know I will need a lot more to properly thank her for such an incredible gift. She has 3 kids so I can make things of varying sizes for her family.

My best friend from childhood Cindy has requested more socks. She has a fashionista daughter who likes fancy scarves.

I also want to make something for my brother-in-law Dave and his partner Matt. I'm not sure what though - I previously knit Matt some high boot socks which he requested. I'm currently thinking fingerless gloves or Dale of Norway ski hats since they are both skiiers.

I also want to make something for my mother - probably a lace scarf she can wear inside and show off to everyone.

I've been meaning to make something with a horse on it for my friend Joelle to wear while competing in dressage. Bea Ellis has a hat with a horse on it I might use.

DH has asked for a plain gray stockinette vest although he's more likely to get some thick socks.

That should keep me busy for a while! Thankfully here is the final pair of multi-colored socks. The yarn is some very old Wildfoote. I have no clue why I kept it so long as it splits terribly.