On my birthday a friend told me to make a wish because it will come true. I was greedy and made about ten wishes but it looks like one is already coming true. The monsoons are here!

Imagine you are burning in that hot place where Lucifer lives. You can't sleep at night because it is too hot. You can't walk outside barefoot or wearing socks on any surface because you'll burn the bottom of your feet. All the plants is your garden look like they have been fried crispy in the oven even though you water them every day.

Then along comes a wonderful respite - the monsoons. They happen every year in the desert and last for at least a week. Every day in the late afternoon it clouds up and rain comes pouring down. The whole brown dried landscape suddently becomes transformed into a green wonderland. You don't have to change clothes ten times a day and no longer need to take cold showers. I love the monsoons!

Here are the two rejects I told you about. I quit knitting the colorwork socks (pattern from Katherine Pence's Tongue River Farm Sock Collection) because of lack of interest. The other was an attempt at a feather and fan sock in my last 2 skeins of multi-colored sock yarn. I couldn't see the lace so decided to do them plain. Then I decided I didn't like the yarn at all so they're history.