Life goes on here at Wild Kingdom. Last night Jack the cat spent several hours staring at the washer/dryer and then a few more staring at the stove. I checked and the vent on the trombe wall (which we screened last week) was opened again. DH checked this a.m. and found that a screened vent to the dryer had been opened as well. He gets to move the washer and dryer this weekend see how to make it more secure. I am now changing the sheets on the bed every other day but I still find dead bugs every time. This afternoon I plan to clear everything off the floors in the closets.

Our friend Rod came over last night to watch the game with us. He brought me tons of sweet corn from his garden and asked if I want a few of his chickens so I can have fresh eggs. I would love some hens but this isn't the place for chickens - too many coyotes. I see them often when I'm out in the yard and hear them most evenings.

Peaches is pretty mellow these days. I think the heat affects her more intensely than the cats. I bought her two big fleece dog beds from Petsmart and put them near the air conditioners. She stretches out on them every day and tries to keep cool.

Here are the feather and fan socks from Socks X3 done in Lorna's Lace's Shepherd sport given to me by Lisa. I will probably do another pair soon.