My thoughts go out to all Londoners. My British friend Diane is on vacation in Canada so I can't find out how her parents are doing in London. She has the most wonderful mom who vividly describes being bombed in WWII as a kid. I doubt you can ever forget events like that.

I have two abandoned sock projects to show you when I drag the scanner out again. I'm currently knitting two lace sock projects and will probably start two more today. I'm doing the feather and fan and gull wings socks from Socks X3 and plan to start the Girly Girl socks from the Spin-Off book and a kid's pair from a Stahl sock book. Ever since I counted all my sock yarn I am in a big hurry to use it up.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I am trying not to focus on how old I'll be. I was originally hoping to get a digital camera to use for this blog but then I burnt some brown rice in my beloved Le Creuset Dutch oven and ruined the interior finish. So that will be replaced and DH is getting me some organic soaps and shampoos that I love. It is too hot to go out so I'm going to try THIS recipe from Crescent Dragonwagon.

I've requested that Peaches give me a nose kiss for my birthday. She is not sure I deserve it because I clipped a few of her claws yesterday. Oh the trials and tribulations of being a larger-than-normal house rabbit.