I hoped to have the Selbu mittens to show today but yesterday was just too busy. First my 10+ year old monitor decided to go bonkers so I bought a nice new big 17" monster. What a difference on the eyes! Then we had to go to Santa Fe to meet some old friends. We went to India Palace and a wonderful new spot off Guadalupe Street, Gelato Benissimo. I had some hazelnut chocolate gelato that tasted a lot like cold Nutella. I'll definitely be back.

Today I'm busy cooking up a storm. I'm making some white beans with sage and garlic in the pressure cooker, whole wheat bread in the bread machine, stuffed mushrooms and zucchini, and a chipotle-red pepper risotto recipe from one of the Biker Billy's vegetarian cookbooks.

Lulu pays quarterly and the first check won't arrive until February but through Cafepress for 2005 Stranded Color Knitting made $500 for rabbit rescue which was sent to the Colorado House Rabbit Society. I expect to make more this year with the extra pattern booklet.

I want to do 2 more pattern booklets this year: one on wacky hats for kids and one with Christmas knitting patterns. Some of my other 2006 goals include the black and white mittens from the cover of the Latvian mittens book, the Alice Starmore Celtic Keynot Pillow, the Blackberry Ridge Step Dance socks (F on the chart), and some lovely cabled Log Cabin socks Jessica just made from Handknit Holidays. I'm waiting on the book but otherwise I have everything to get started on these projects.

Peaches is currently taking her 3 hour afternoon nap in the sun. She usually sleeps with her eyes open while flopped over on her side.