A few years ago Knitter's Magazine did a series of sampler afghans: the Great American Afghan, the Great North American Afghan, the Great American Kid's Afghan and the Great American Aran Afghan. They held contests and asked designers to submit blocks. I want to make both the Great American Aran Afghan and the Great North American Afghan this year. Both have some challenging blocks and I really could use a challenge.

Here is a photo of the Great American Aran Afghan.



I'm going to do mine in tomato red Wool of the Andes. I also want to at least start on the Great North American Afghan which has some fun colorwork squares like this one knit in the round:




To buy the patterns for these afghans go HERE. To see the Great American Aran Afghan Knitalong with plenty of progress photos, go HERE.

So far this year I've planned on knitting these two afghans, the Starmore Fair Isle pillow, some Latvian mittens, along with all the usual socks and mittens. Plus I plan on knitting and designing items for a colorwork sock booklet (yes, the ruffled socks pictured last week will be included), a hats for kids booklet, and a Christmas patterns booklet all to benefit rabbit rescue.

Perhaps I should change the name of this blog to Delusional Knitting???