I'm thrilled to report that we just joined Los Poblanos Organics. It is a CSA (Community-Supported Agriculture) and I've been meaning to do this for over a year. As it turns out they just started a weekly drop-off spot near DH's office. It costs $26 a week and they deliver organic foods grown locally (sometimes regionally) by several different farms. Our first box will include: A Bunch of Green Kale, 5 Valencia Oranges, Green Onions, 3 D'Anjou Pears, A Bunch of Spinach, A Bunch of Red Beets, 1 lb Bok Choi, Bag Salad Greens, Sweet Mini Peppers, A Head of Garlic, and A Bag of White Potatoes.

To find a CSA/farmer's market/organic farm near you, go to Local Harvest.

There is someone here who is even more excited than I am about this development.




Update: I've just been told there is a silver female Rex rabbit at Rio Rancho Animal Control. I've never been lucky enough to pet one but I'm told they are the softest of all the rabbits. I believe Amy at Knitty has Rex rabbits. Anyway, if you're in New Mexico and seeking a new, soft friend, please contact them.