My Olympics knitting project is going to be Alice Starmore's Celtic Keynot pillow. I've had the kit for several years and started it once only to realize my gauge was way off. DH just bought himself the leather chair of his dreams and the pillow will look good with the new chair. The price for the kit now is astronomical and probably about twice as much as I paid for it. I dearly wish I'd purchased more of her kits back when the dollar was stronger. I have a photo of the yarns from the kit but unfortunately Blogger won't let me upload photos today.

Lately I've been drinking a lot of tea. Here is my version of chai using green tea. I think most chai recipes use way too much cinnamon and I like this better because you can taste the cardamom.

GREEN TEA CHAI

You can also use black tea or decaf for this recipe.

4 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
1 Tbsp. green cardamom pods
1 tsp. whole cloves
2 Tbsp sliced fresh or frozen gingerroot (I slice it up fresh then freeze it for teas)
1 tsp. black peppercorns (optional)
4 green teabags

Bring water to a boil. Add cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves, and gingerroot and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add green tea bags, cover and steep for 10 minutes.

Serve with milk (dairy or non-dairy works) and the sweetener of your choice.