I am late but I wanted to do an Earth Day post. Here are most of the ingredients for my homemade laundry detergent for use in the washing machine. It is less expensive than regular laundry detergent and kinder to your clothes and septic system. Plus you can make your clothes smell incredible. I change the scent each time by changing the essential oils I add - I generally use about 20 drops of either rosemary, tea tree oil, lemon, or lavender essential oils or a combination. Also, I now use Trader Joe's peppermint liquid castile soap which is cheaper than Dr. Bronner's.



The actual laundry detergent recipe is HERE in an article I wrote along with some other of my nontoxic homemade cleaning recipes. NOTE: This recipe contains washing soda which is not recommended for use with silk or wool. While I'm at it HERE is an article I wrote for some fun herbal iced tea concoctions. The Hibiscus/Jamaica tea is my fave.



I have so much to do this week and the most important item is finishing a pair of gloves for DH in time for our anniversary Friday. Fortunately I have Jack the cat helping me with any excess yarn.