Marina, an incredibly talented Fair Isle knitter, wrote in the comments yesterday that J&S is unfortunately discontinuing some of their colors of Shetland yarn - here's a list of the actual numbers being discontinued so stock up while you can.

While I'm at it, here are a few more recent blog posts of interest to other color knitters - OfTroy offers some great ideas for using small amounts of leftover yarn, KnittingonImpulse has an excellent post on optical mixing, and while I'm at it, HERE's an older blog post with some great photos of knitting with two colors in your left hand.

My best stash color selection is in worsted weight yarns. I'm perfectly happy with Peruvian Highland wool, Wool of the Andes, and Cascade 220 and am building up my color choices.



The container at the bottom holds just purple yarns. In the past two months I've been buying all the purple yarns I could find from those three sources for a project I'm beginning. I plan to knit a bunch of thick socks using at least 4 shades of purple (hopefully 2 or 3 times that many) for myself.

The snows have melted and spring has returned. This is especially good news for fluffball house rabbits with a serious love of dandelions.