Yesterday we visited one of my happy places, Ta Lin World Market. My challenge was to find some fun stuff while spending less than $1.50 for each item. I bought a big bag of baby bok choy, enough shallots to last me a few months, Mexican oregano, asadero cheese, fideo noodles, dried shiitakes, Oriental chili bean sauce, some tomato sauce with chipotles, dried passionflowers (I like to make my own herbal tea concotions) for 69 cents, Mexican hot sauce and a weird malt beverage DH chose that tasted like carbonated molasses. My favorite bok choy recipe is Rice Noodles with Tofu and Bok Choy from Cooking Light. It is a terrific simple meal for a busy day.



Here are my knitting projects in progress. I am making a pair of geometric gloves from the Glove Knitting booklet for DH in Nature Spun sport weight. I am making some modifications to the sore thumb gusset chart to fit his wider than usual thumb angle. Also, you can see a sock in progress in the basket although part of it is going to get ripped out until I come up with a better color chart.