This week I thought I'd do a tour of my yarn stash. Try to contain your excitement! The photo I last showed was from several years ago and here is the current incarnation.


There's one other large Rubbermaid container of sock yarn not included in this photo. Still, I think the stash has shrunk. I really am trying to "manage" my yarn more to ensure I have enough colors in the weights I use.

I rarely use multi-colored yarns so I am trying to stop buying them. This isn't always successful when I see a big sale. I also rarely use DK weight yarns so I have stopped buying them. Last year I only bought yarn for the glove booklet but this year I may increase my color selection. I don't really have many heathered colors except in my Shetland yarn stash.



Here is one container full of vintage Brunswick Nylamb baby & sock yarn which is almost impossible to find anymore. It is one of my favorite yarns - soft and durable as it has wool and nylon. The color selection wasn't great but I do enjoy using it for non-colorwork projects like lace or cables. I bought a few bags of the dark green color on Ebay a few years back with the intention of making the Starmore Cape Cod sweater from Fisherman's Sweaters. I need to live somewhere colder to knit sweaters though.