Cashmere Gloves

I've long wanted a pair of cashmere gauntlet gloves; in fact I even put them on my Christmas list but Santa overlooked that request. (In Santa's defense, my Christmas list was quite large this year.) I've spent a lot of time looking at various web sites for a pair in a color I liked but finally broke down and ordered the yarn to knit a pair.



My first yarn purchase was this Jojoland 2 ply cashmere in periwinkle (it is a little more blue in the photo than in real life). I am almost finished knitting the gloves and will get you a photo next week.

Then I decided to write up the pattern because I liked it so much. Because the Jojoland cashmere was a bit too thin for gloves (it is more of a laceweight although the gloves will work fine for this climate), I ordered some of Elann's Peruvian cashmere blend in the color claret to knit a second pair.


I have to admit I'm not completely enchanted with this color but maybe it will grow on me. All this knitting has rekindled my love of knitting gloves. I have no idea why I love knitting gloves so much but I really do. Next I want to a do a graphic black and white pair with Baby Ull and maybe some Norwegian buttons.

Color Knitting Links

Drops has a brand new free pattern for some stranded Easter socks with baby chicks on them. If you want more Easter knitting, they are offering an Easter calendar (sort of like an Advent calendar) with a pattern a day until Easter HERE.

Here is a free pattern for some Houndstooth stranded gloves in a chunky yarn.

This Easy Fair Isle Hat looks really easy and a perfect free pattern for a beginner to knitting with two colors.

Check out Pat's magnificent Colorwork Socks using two multi-colored yarns she spun herself. If you've ever tried to do a stranded project with just one multi-colored yarn you know how difficult it is to get the pattern to show up really well. With two yarns, it is nearly impossible. The socks themselves remind me a bit of Alice Starmore's Henry VIII sweater.

Therese at the One Stitch After Another Knitfinder blog is compiling a great list of color knitting resources. That's where I heard that there is a Bohus Stickning  group on Flickr HERE.