Chevron Love Mittens

ETA: To remove a link - can't seem to find that Schoolhouse Press chart kit anywhere now.

Wow - I finally feel caught up on everything after six months! I've been downloading patterns with a vengeance.

Here are the Chevron Love Mittens. I first saw this pattern on the incredibly talented Pat's blog (and she still has my favorite color combo for the mittens.) You can purchase the pattern HERE or a kit with 8 different colors of yarn HERE. Because the pattern uses 8 colors it is kind of fun to see what other knitters choose on the pattern's Ravelry pages HERE.



I was actually going to do a rainbow color progression but realized I had exactly 8 colors of Elann's now-discontinued Devon yarn. I would normally not pair these colors together but I am happy with how they turned out. I was actually reading and knitting simultaneously when I cast on for the first mitten and didn't realize until later than I somehow reversed the cast on so it is backwards. No problem - I just did the second mitten the same way.


TODAY'S COLOR KNITTING LINKS

Lots of links today so grab a cup of coffee or tea before going through them!

Annemor Sundbo has put photos of individual Norwegian knitted items she found in a ragpile on Flickr. I could scroll through those 191 mittens and glove photos all day.

Janine, traditional Fair Isle knitter and designer extraordinaire (who has a spectacular color sense) teaches Fair Isle workshops, generally in the western US. Also, scroll down to see her amazing sweater based on Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. Janine also designed a free .PDF pattern for two spectacular pillows with lots of great technique info.

There are two upcoming Norwegian knitting books listed on Amazon - I think I mentioned one of them before. The books are Norwegian Sweater Techniques for Today's Knitter (love that jacket on the cover!) and Norwegian Patterns for Knitting: Classic Sweaters, Hats, Vests, and Mittens.

Nordic Fiber Arts now sells hat kits using Strikkegarn - I love the Torridal hat.

Check out  these knitted landscapes using intarsia. I am in awe of the Walk in the Woods series.

Kathryn Alexander, one of my color knitting idols, now sells yarn kits using her lovely colors. I think it would be fun to buy one and come up with a mitten project.

Elizabeth Lovick also teaches Fair Isle classes - this time in the UK. Check out that gorgeous vest!

Not colorwork but here is a great free pattern and link to a video that teaches knitters how to knit mittens.

Here's a free pattern for stranded socks that would be good to use up all those odds and ends of sock yarn that accumulate - Minestrone Socks.

One of the coolest stranded projects on Ravelry is this Sandnes Viking Ship jacket.

Here's a source for HiyaHiya 4" steel double-pointed needles for all your glove knitting needs.

If you knit and you are in the UK, a Donkey Sanctuary needs your help to knit donkeys to help them raise funds.