Here are the Husbeast Socks in Ram Wools Selkirk yarn, color Quoddy blue. The pattern can be found HERE and is kindly provided free by Amy of Boogie Knits. These socks are for DH.









I'm happy DH loves these socks so much as they are a more colorful and exciting than the usual boring K2P2 ribbed socks he insists on. I made the smaller size and did 8" of ribbing (I started the pattern on the cable crossing row and omitted the top ribbing) and made them big enough fit his size 10 feet. Unfortunately I ran out of yarn about 4 rows from binding off the second sock. (Selkirk has 270 yards per skein.)



I found some yarn that didn't look like such a great match but I striped it and I think it worked out pretty well. The sock toe with the second yarn is on the left.











Not bad for only $4.50 worth of wool yarn. Selkirk isn't soft but gets softer in the wash.



Now back to my marathon Sunday cooking session. Right now I'm making sourdough biscuits and pressure-cooking white beans. Then I'm going to make some soup in the crockpot from a vegetarian slow cooker cookbook I found at the library. And for dinner, I'm making Cavatappi with White Beans and Golden Onions. The recipe can be found HERE at Epicurious.