I made the Making Waves socks from Six_Sox_Knitalong with size 4 dpns and 48 stitches. I used Ram Wools Selkirk yarn. If I did them over I'd use smaller needles for the top ribbing - because the pattern stitch draws in quite a bit the ribbing puffs out a bit when the socks are worn.









The bunny fur from the Colorado shelter has arrived along with some roving and top to blend it with. I suspect I have a year's worth of fun spinning now. Some of the angora they sent is easily the softest fiber I've ever touched. Here's my first effort at a designer yarn using fur from a short-haired rabbit.











It is hard to even imagine the world of cooking without Julia Child. Fortunately she'll still be with us through all her books and reruns of her shows. Julia's kitchen is even on display in the Smithsonian.



Once I made her recipe for croissants from Mastering the Art of French Cooking and it took me four days of kneading and rolling and buttering and flouring. That was truly a labor of love, one that I would only have attempted with the able assistance of Julia. She inspired a generation of American chefs and until very late in life, she kept showing us all the right way to make an omelette again and again and again.



Bon Appetit Julia!