CHURRO SOCKS









Here are the nubby hiking socks knit for DH from the Navajo Churro roving I purchased at Village Wools a while back. I spindle spun the roving then plied it with some mystery 2-ply wool yarn. If you look closely you can see near the toes where I ran out of yarn and had to just use the 2-ply mystery wool plied with itself. I just started with 40 stitches on size 4 dpns, did the obligatory 8" of K2P2 ribbing (yes, he insists) and went from there. DH is a hiker/backpacker who especially loves the canyons of the Four Corners so he liked the story about how the Churro sheep were nearly endangered except for a few rugged ones who hung out in those canyons.



Tomorrow I'll have a sock darning entry with four methods of darning socks. I needed to be encouraged to finish darning all of DH's hiking socks.