Thank you so much for all your responses! It seems everyone is pretty much in agreement that I shouldn't do wholesale. I feel bad turning down sales but you're right - if I did that I wouldn't be focusing on the reason I did it in the first place. Not to mention that if I raise the price of the book it might negatively effect the retail sales.



This is also the same reason I decided not to buy an ISBN for the book. At least not now. An ISBN costs about $125-$150 and then you can get any book at all listed on Amazon.com. Depending on whether you or they do the shipping, Amazon takes 15% to 40% of the cost plus additional fees to sell your book. Not worth it!



I do want to say that I highly recommend Cafepress if you are ever considering any type of self-publishing. Several knitters put a graphic on the cover of a spiral bound notebook and sell it blank as a knitting journal. Another interesting thing you can do is publish a magazine without any start-up costs or advertising. It seems like a lot of people use it to publish their own comic books. Everything is completely free - they make their money when you sell something. I hear Cafepress is going to start offering color inside the books in the next month or two.



No current photo today but here is a project from a few years ago. These are the Dale of Norway Lillehammer socks done in Nature Spun sport weight. I changed the foot pattern.