This is Cass. She is a complete sweetheart. As you can see, she's also grossly overweight from being stuck in a tiny cage without any exercise all her life before being rescued by a local rabbit person. This weekend Cass found her forever home with a UNM professor who has a wonderful house all set up for fun bunny activities. The world of animal rescue can be really sad (For several years I volunteered with a huge Albuquerque animal group that dealt with dogs and cats before helping our rabbit rescue) so it is extremely important to celebrate the good news. Cass is going to really enjoy hopping around her new home and getting into everything (and becoming a mean, lean, nose-twitching machine).



I've been meaning to post the link to two more free Teaching Company lectures. These two are done by one of the Ancient Greece professors and are titled, "
The Olympics: From Ancient Greece to Athens, Parts 1 and 2." You can either listen to them online or download them and listen to them later.



Lisa has finished some absolutely beautiful mittens from Anna Zilboorg's Magnificent Mittens. If you haven't seen them yet, do go check them out. I really think Lisa is one of the nicest knitters in cyberspace. Speaking of nice, Melissa just became a foster mom to a pregnant cat. Go to her blog to see pictures of lucky Evie the cat.



I joined
FiberRAOK which is a group of fiber bloggers who like to give away fiber stuff to others in the group. I've already sent out my first RAOK (Random Act of Kindness) to a deserving knitter and I hope more people join and participate. It is a really nice idea and a great way to get rid of stuff. And it doesn't even have to be stuff you give away - it can just be nice emails when a fellow blogger has had a bad day. To join, contact either of the list owners on the page to get an official invite.



I'm hoping to finish all my goals for the
Productive Spinners group for once. By next Monday or Tuesday I have to knit the Making Waves socks for the Six Sox Knitalong, knit another hat without a pattern, and spin and ply 4 more ounces of the Corriedale for the Rainbow Project. I better go get to work!