I've been meaning to tell you that Stranded Color Knitting (see how to order and more info on the right) has now made over $300 for rabbit rescue. How wonderful! Also, a couple of people have written and asked if they can purchase the book with a check. Yes, you can send a check to me for $13.99 and I'll have Cafepress send you your copy. Email at nanetteblanchard AT earthlink DOT net to set this up. If you're interested in knitting with more than one color or looking at photos that show many different ways to hold the yarns or getting two colorwork hat patterns, please check out the book.

  

 

CHASING RAINBOWS CAP













I've been wanting to do some rainbow projects. This hat is done with Nature Spun sport and size 4 circs and dpns. It uses 21 colors and I got the idea for the method from the rainbow socks in Socks, Socks, Socks. Then I read the PGR article in IK on intarsia in the round and she discusses it as well. Cut lengths of yarn for each color and when you get to that color, knit it, then drop the color. On the next row just grab the yarn when you get to where you knit it. As you can see from the reverse side, it looks like intarsia on the inside. No floats.



This method is also slow, has lots of tangled yarns all over the place, and the hat itself had over 60 ends to work in. It was also more difficult than I expected to arrange the colors in a rainbow progression and I'm not at all happy with the greens. Still, I like the finished hat very much. The cap has already gone to its new home to Melissa (mother of apple-cheeked Taylor who modeled the green toddler Aran) to pay her back for doing me a big favor this week.