Thank you for all the kind birthday wishes.



I don't have the socks to show you today. I have this superstition that if I show a small project on the blog before I finish it, I'll never finish it. So you'll have to wait until Sunday afternoon. Do you have any knitting superstitions? HERE are some fun ones.



I've been busy trying to learn how to blend fibers. I know I'll have to do this when I get the bunny fur from the Denver shelter so I thought I'd start experimenting.



I started with some of my cat Bosco's fur - he's a Himalayan and his fur is 3-4 inches long and extremely straight and slippery. I've never had any success making good yarn spinning it by itself. I carded it with some orange Kool-Aid dyed superwash merino top (1 part cat fur and 3-4 parts orange merino) and here is the result along with the smooshed rolag.







I consider this a successful experiment. The finished yarn, while definitely an uneven novelty yarn, is fun to knit and there is just enough softness and fuzziness from the cat fur. And here is the yarn knit up. I'm calling it my Dreamsicle yarn.