DANGER WILL ROBINSON!



The Cervinia Calzetteria (sale multi-colored sock yarn from Smileys) is bleeding dye. A lot. I've rinsed the socks so far five times and they are still bleeding blue dye quite heavily. They will probably be a different color when I'm done. I had this weird feeling I shouldn't put them in the washing machine, even though they are supposedly machine washable, and I'm very glad I didn't. I'll try a vinegar rinse next.



Saturday I took a trip to Village Wools. I hadn't been there in quite a long time and I don't recall the store previously having Jamieson's Shetland yarns and even fabrics for sale. They also did have a new section of very small quantities of expensive scarf yarns that looked like they'd be quite unpleasant to knit. And their usual wonderful button selection. I played with a few Lollipop spindles and ogled the looms.







I bought this (my subscription just ran out & I didn't want to miss an issue)







and this Churro roving. I plan to Navajo ply it and make some durable socks. They had huge bags of four or five different natural colors of Churro roving and this one felt unusually soft. The saleswoman thought that some of their Churro rovings had been blended with softer wools but none of them were marked as blends.



Village Wools also had a bunch of what I suspected were (they were unmarked) the Ashford Corriedale rovings I'm working with. I'm going to get more for the Rainbow Project soon. I also found ANOTHER source of many colors of wool you can buy in small quantities so this project will be larger than originally planned.



Geane asked me what I'm planning to use the dreamsicle Himalayan cat/merino wool blend yarn for. I believe I'll make myself some cabled socks, perhaps the sock pattern pictured above. I like the cable running down next to the heel.