Lately I've had the strongest desire to start canning again. I love to make pickles and jellies and all that good stuff. In our house in Colorado I had this huge heavy wood shelf in the kitchen and I filled it with beautiful jars. When I was interviewed once for the local paper the reporter went on and on and on about all the jewel-colored glass jars on the shelf. I gave her some of my cranberry-orange jam just to shut her up.



When we moved here to NM I decided to not lug along all that glass. We probably have another move in our future so I can't buy more canning jars but I do get all moony-eyed when I stroll through the canning section at the store lately.



I do look forward to green chile season in about 3 weeks. They start shipping them up here from Hatch in mid to late August. This year we're going to get two bags (I think they are 25 lbs) as soon as they start selling them. I've heard the early crop is always better. They are sold and roasted here pretty much everywhere you go. The smell of roasting chiles is one of the best aromas on the planet. I just stick them whole in the freezer and then peel them before cooking. DH likes to stuff them with cream cheese and then top them with his red chile enchilada sauce. I may still break down and get some jars and make green chile jelly. Yum.



The photo below shows what I'm currently spinning. 1 more ounce for the rainbow project and some skeins of Easter-egg dyed merino. I plan to use the merino as energized singles somehow.



I started the Churro socks for DH. Tomorrow I will show you the Chasing Rainbows hat, project two in my "knitting without patterns" phase. It may be my favorite knitted project this year.