DOS CALCETINES DE LANA 

  

   





  Here are the Pearls of Wisdom socks from Socks, Socks, Socks with the last stanza of the Pablo Neruda poem in Spanish. (Scroll down a few blog entries to see the full text of the poem in English.) These were knit in Nature Spun sport weight on size 2 dpns.











I made a lot of changes to the pattern mostly out of sheer laziness on my part. The punta edging looked too complicated, I tried the two-color purling and that was extremely slow so I scrapped it. The original pattern also has you charting out your own text on the feet of the socks and I was too lazy to do that so I used less text on the cuffs and put it on the feet instead. I also changed the heels to add more colors although I think the heels on the original socks look better. The socks use small beads in the circles but I duplicate stitched with lime green there instead.



The text on the socks: "Dos veces es belleza, la belleza, y lo que es bueno, es doblemente bueno, cuando se trata de  dos calcetines de lana, en el invierno, Pablo Neruda."