100 COPIES SOLD!





This weekend the 100th copy of Stranded Color Knitting was sold since it went on sale in our Cafepress rabbit rescue store the second week of June. It has made a whopping $437 for rabbit rescue so far. I'm extremely grateful to all of you who have purchased the booklet. Debby Widolf, the rabbit rescuer in southwestern Colorado, reports she's used her half of the money for spay/neuter surgeries on her new foster bunnies.



Back to socks... I was looking through the Spin-Off Sock book and noticed the pattern for Fireside socks. You simply mix and match handspun yarns and singles to make a bulky yarn. My largest dpns are size 8 so I used those and 36 stitches for this pair. I used Paton's Classic Wool and some handspun sport-weight 2 ply alpaca yarn. These socks are for DH and are incredibly soft. He immediately put on the first sock and resisted taking it off again so I could measure it.



These socks also apparently have magical properties. I was embroiled in a 3-person Scrabble marathon while I was knitting them and I managed two triple-triples. Triple-triples are when you bingo/use all 7 letters and also hit two triple word scores. I normally am really lucky to get two triple-triples in a year of frequent Scrabble playing.