Happy Labor Day! We had a lovely day in Santa Fe. The weather is a bit cooler than usual and the air is filled with the wonderful smell of roasting chiles. First we happened upon the hip hop NAACP voter registration concert at the capitol/roundhouse. Then we walked to the new raw foods restaurant, Whole Foods Cafe (in the old Alfalfa's on Cordova), where I had a wonderful pizza. The crust was made from zucchini and almonds and topped with sun-dried tomato marinara sauce and basil-nut "cheese". The whole thing was served on a bed of field greens and it was wonderful. I really have to get a raw foods cookbook.



Santa Fe just got a Trader Joe's so I bought all sorts of goodies like sprouted wheat bread, fresh mozzarella, dark chocolate and baby artichokes. The prices were really great.



I've finished 3 3/4 pairs of socks so far and am now thinking I may be able to make 12 pair this month. Here are the Norah Gaughan Striped Devotion socks from Weekend Knitting done in Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool. To make the afterthought heel fit better, I did two plain rows between decrease rows instead of one.