I just checked out a new knitting book from the library - The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe. So far I've just read the section on stranded knitting but I was happy to see that she specifies that Fair Isle knitting is only one type of stranded color knitting. If I could just stop sewing and cooking I'd actually finish my gloves to show you.

To celebrate Earth Day we decided it was wise to use up all our organic produce from Los Poblanos Farm before the next box arrives. Together we made Rick Bayless' Spicy Mushroom Tamales along with some stuffed zucchini and a salad.

BEFORE




AFTER




The tomatoes and poblano chiles aren't organic but I believe everything else is. I rarely see tamales served with sauce here but DH likes them with his red chile sauce. Today is the first time I used frozen masa dough (the only time it is available fresh in abundance is near the holidays) and it turned out really well. Too bad the smallest size is 5 lbs. The recipe was more labor-intensive as usual but they were the tenderest tamales I've ever had.