I live in a divided household. DH likes red chile and I like green chile. I will, however, happily eat red chile only if it is Rick Bayless' labor-intensive red chile. For dinner we made his Guajillo Chilequiles (recipe is HERE) which is tortilla chips in a wonderful red chile sauce topped with fried eggs. Here's a photo of our dinner. I surrounded the plate with dried guajillo chiles which are very inexpensive and plentiful here.




The eggs came from Farmer Monte, our CSA host at Los Poblanos Organics. I am very grateful he's starting to offer eggs so we can get them from happy hens who frolic outdoors. Plus the various colors and sizes make them as pretty as dyed Easter eggs.




Most importantly, I want to wish everyone a very Happy Easter! The Easter bunny arrived early here - just try and guess which one is the real bunny.