Knitty Tam

A girlfriend from Colorado I'm seeing this weekend asked me to knit her a beret in "her colors." I'm not exactly sure what she meant by that but her favorite color is purple and she wears a lot of black. Her winter coat is bright red so I doubt this hat will work with the coat but obviously the solution is to buy a new coat to go with the hat.




This is Tam C in the Three Tams pattern from Knitty by Angela Sixian Wu. I think this is a terrific pattern for those new to colorwork and because you use worsted weight yarn, it is really fast to knit as well. I used 8 colors of blues and purples with the black background - mostly Cascade 220 but I believe there is some Lana D'Oro in there as well.




I blocked it over a dinner plate as per instructions.



It is a little darker than this photo.



I used my German twisted cast on variation which helps keep 2-color ribbing from curling. The K2P2 corrugated ribbing I did in lieu of the K1P1 corrugated ribbing called for in the pattern was just a mistake, pure and simple.