Selbu Modern KAL

This fall I'm extremely busy with many freelance food articles, some knitwear designing projects, and I'm even considering doing another cookbook proposal for a local publisher. I finally decided I would rather have the money than the time so I'm pushing myself as much as possible to be productive. Because of that, I made a decision to only work on worsted weight colorwork projects for my personal knitting so I could finish things quickly enough to show here.

So what do I do? I start yet another fine-gauge project. This is the Selbu Modern hat (free pattern HERE) knit on size 0 and 2 dpns with Elann's Alpaca Peruvian Pura Fina. (Their web site says it is a sport weight but I consider it a light fingering weight.) I'm using kind of a periwinkle and a navy heather.



There is a Selbu Modern KAL currently in progress on Ravelry's Stranded Forum. It isn't too late to join either as it runs through the end of October. It is fascinating seeing all the different yarn weights and needle sizes being used for this hat - mine looks pretty tiny so far but I trust it will stretch out nicely.



The Sandia Mountains received a dusting of snow this week. Even on dark days here the New Mexico skies are pretty spectacular.