Some Colorwork Pattern Links

(Edited to Fix Link)

Socknitster left a good comment in yesterday's post about being disappointed in the Norwegian Handknits book because there were too many easy knits and projects knit in really thick yarn. I have to admit I will buy an entire book just for two potential projects in my never-ending search for enough patterns to feed my addiction.

I had the same situation with the new version of Homespun Handknit that recently arrived from Knitpicks - shown here are the only two projects I will probably make from the book. Comparing the two versions of the book you can really see the difference in the world of knitting in the last 20 years. Patterns today are much more detailed - the new Homespun Handknit has 25 patterns and the previous one has more than 50 if I'm counting correctly. The new book also includes much more information on how the yarn for the projects was spun. There are more projects with more multi-colored yarns and fewer stranded projects and unfortunately no glove patterns at all in the new book. (The previous Homespun Handknit had something like 6 glove patterns including a pair that were truly spectacular technique-wise - the double knit top-down colorwork gloves.)

The pretty spider hat uses a multi-colored yarn for the background but I will just stripe the background to get a similar effect.



Here are the Moth Mittens in worsted weight yarn on size 3 needles.



I also think I'm going to get this Sandnes Tema 12 booklet of knitted accessory patterns. I really like the hat and mitten set with the embroidered cuffs, #15. DH also expressed an interest in the pop-up mittens.


Also, while you're at the Bea Ellis web site, check out the new FREE Dale of Norway patterns.


Nordic Fiber Arts also has some new hat kits I'm pondering.