I actually don't knit that many sweaters. I prefer knitting accessories. It's not just the almost instant gratification. There are only so many sweaters I really need and I am sad to think I've only managed to wear Ringblomst once since I finished it several years ago.







Here is my awful photo of the gorgeous stitch markers Stasia made for me. They have blue beads and little rabbit charms. Two of them are already in use on a work in progress. Thanks again Stasia for such a thoughtful gift!







Snickerdoodle thinks Stasia is terrific also.



I've started my fourth knitting project in a week. (Can anyone say extreme startitis?) It was time to finally start the Sanquhar gloves I've been thinking about doing for so long. I'm mainly using the online pattern HERE but have already made quite a few changes. I'm using laceweight Jamieson & Smith in black and white (I think the traditional colors look the best) and size 0 needles. At first I was worried because the J&S yarn breaks quite easily. But it has worked out for the best because it is keeping me from hurting my hands (I'm a tight knitter) with the small needles and thin yarn.



I was too lazy to do a cuff of K2P2 corrugated ribbing on size 0 needles so I'm using the Cast On Sanquhar pattern for a more decorative cuff. I'm to the point of adding my initials on the top of the first cuff and I really like the way these are turning out. I will need to purchase more yarn - maybe four more skeins because I can tell already there is no way one skein of each color is going to work.