I started the Dale baby sweater from book 124 - the cute many-colored cardigan with the bunnies and ducks and carrots and garden tools. I'm using Norwegian sport wool bought at Elann which is actually giving me a gauge slightly lower than the recommended Baby Ull (a fingering weight yarn). It does seem like a rather thin sport weight yarn. Like most of the Norwegian yarns I've used, I get the sense this one will never pill. It is superwash but doesn't feel like plastic.



I had to change colors slightly from the original colors used but I figure it will all come together in some sort of harmonious whole. The pattern uses 16 colors so I am working on keeping up with the ends during the process rather than taking a day or two after I finish it to do this task. I'm almost done with the first sleeve and there are a few three color rows.



I brought the spouse into my yarn room last night and showed him all my yarn. I asked him if he agreed with me that my yarn stash was huge. Surprisingly he said no, it wasn't that huge. Of course he says exactly the same thing when I ask him how my posterior looks in my new jeans. So I guess I can go spend money at Taos now without the slightest amount of guilt.



Blogger won't let me upload photos now so I'll try to get photos of Jeanette's Dale sweater tomorrow.