The Bishop's Wife (1947 version) is on television, a roaring fire is going in the wood stove, and it looks like snow is on the way. I am cooking up a storm and planning my Thanksgiving feast. Yesterday we were at Ta Lin International Market on Central in Abq. They have even more foods in stock than last time I went. Their British foods section is quite large and I'm planning a terrific Christmas gift basket for my Brit friend Diane. I even found Sticky Toffee Pudding - my father sent me some a few Christmases back and it was the best non-chocolate dessert I've ever tasted. I purchased lots of imported Italian tomato products and some frozen falafel.



Here's one dish that is going to be on our vegetarian Thanksgiving table. It is a terrific pot luck item and is quite pretty to boot.





PARTY FIESTA SALAD



Serves 6



16 ounces frozen green beans -- thawed

2 cups frozen corn -- thawed

1 cup minced roasted red peppers

2 cloves garlic -- minced

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (use 1 tsp dried in a pinch)

1/4 cup minced black olives

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice



Mix all ingredients together in serving dish. Serve at room temperature. This dish can be made in advance and refrigerated, covered.