I've been guilty all year of knitting things I really don't want to knit. I knit gifts or to make things someone else requests or to fill up my sock drawer or to help out a charity. But I rarely knit exactly what I want so I'm devoting the rest of 2004 to knitting only what I want. I'm only knitting projects that I find interesting and I don't care if I have a purpose for the project once I'm done. So far I've finished almost 70 projects (33 pairs of socks so far this year) for the year so I can now officially slack off the production line.



I'm currently working on Liidia's Gloves from Folk Knitting in Estonia but they aren't speed knitting. The cuff alone on the first glove took me almost 3 days of knitting. I also plan to start the Fair Isle mittens from Folk Mittens once I choose some colors from my Shetland stash.



Two new projects isn't enough though. I chose the mint green Nylamb yarn below to do the wonderful Leaf Socks from Socks, Socks, Socks. Do I have someone to give these items to when I finish? No. Do I need more handknit mittens or gloves or socks? Far from it. I don't care. I just want to knit these items and that's what it is all about.