Here's the photo of Peaches that won the CO HRS calendar contest. Our big brown bunny girl is Miss June.







Although Peaches looks like she was smelling the wildflowers, she was actually just about to eat them. I learned rabbits love to eat flowers several years ago after I put a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers on the coffee table and woke up to a vase of stumps.



The photo above is also one of the 12 I used for the Cafepress Peaches calendar. I think the calendar turned out well and DH took my copy to work. DH reports all the foster care kids he works with adore stories about Peaches and can't put down the calendar. If you want your very own 2005 Peaches calendar (all proceeds go to rabbit rescue), go HERE.



For the socks shown yesterday I used two strands of stash worsted weight yarn, size 7 dpns, and 36 stitches. I was too lazy to do ribbing and they are definitely too thick to fit into shoes. I do the heel on half the stitches so it was 18 stitches wide and 18 rows long. To turn the heel, I knit across the row until there were 7 stitches left, did a K2TOG, then turned back and purled until there were 7 stitches left on the heel, did a P2TOG and so on. One of my little sock secrets is that I NEVER knit an additional stitch after the decreases while turning a heel. I have very narrow feet and heels and this makes them fit a lot better. I also occasionally decrease more than the pattern asks for in the gusset to fit my narrow feet.