Here are my Bazaar socks done in various sock weight stash yarns. The pattern link and my variations are in the two previous blog entries. I should have striped the heels but I am too lazy. The socks from Andean Folk Knits are next.

One of the cool things about being a member of a CSA and getting weekly deliveries of various organic fruits and veggies is that you learn to like more produce than you originally did. I never was fond of daikon but now I love it. It really is good in stir-fries. I was also previously disenchanted with mangos but after I made this recipe I became a mango convert. In fact, I ate the entire bowl of salsa by myself instead of waiting for DH to come home.




MANGO-CUCUMBER SALSA
(Makes about 2 cups salsa; shown here with homemade baked tortilla chips)

1 ripe mango, pitted and diced
6 scallions, diced
1 Tbsp pickled jalapenos (I will also try this with fresh jalapeno), minced
1/2 English cucumber, sliced
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.