Rob asked in the comments about the fit of the PGR Bazaar socks (free .PDF pattern is HERE). I have to admit I'm not really using her pattern. I am only using the charts and color inspiration and knitting them from the top down. I am using size 3 (US) dpns and sock yarns from the stash, mainly some Kroy I purchased recently on sale at Herrschners. As far as fit, the less expensive sock yarns like Kroy and Knitpicks Essentials seem the least elastic. If you're concerned about stranded color socks being difficult to get on your feet, go with a more expensive sock yarn that has merino in it.

Also, the longer the cuff in stranded socks, the more likely you might have trouble pulling it up over your heel. I notice my tension varies as well in the difficulty of a pattern. A simple pattern like checks or stripes will usually result in a looser tension than a more complex pattern. For the Bazaar socks, I'd recommend avoiding the fourth pattern down in the chart for the cuff to help them fit better.

My feet are skinny though so I just did the cuff chart as she wrote it. I did change the foot chart to suit my needs. I'm almost finished with the second sock and will get a photo of the socks on my feet pronto.



Today I sent some money off from the Stranded Color Knitting and pattern sales. I sent $319.68 to the Colorado House Rabbit Society and $225 to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary's Great Bunny Rescue of 2006. $125 of that came from Lisa who auctioned off a Dale sweater kit on Ebay and wanted the proceeds to go to rabbit rescue. Thank you Lisa for your kindness and generosity. You are the best!