My favorite part of Albuquerque is an area off of Central Ave./Route 66 called Nob Hill. We went there tonight to sit at a table outside at Kelly's Place with friends. You can kind of see Kelly's Place (where the star is) in this photo. The Sandia Mountains are in the background.



Nob Hill is full of cool shops and galleries and restaurants. You can find a bead store, tattoo parlors, two paper stores, a health foods co-op, a vintage hat store, and even a magician's/juggler's supply house. Peacecraft is a wonderful and unique Fair Trade store where you can buy some colorful handknit items.



Graze by Jennifer James is apparently considered one of the best restaurants in the city. I liked the restaurant that was there previously (Kanome - Asian fusion) but I haven't been to Graze.



Tonight was also the worst part of Albuquerque. After dark we took a walk and saw a thermometer on a shop that said 86 degrees F. I came home and took my first cold shower of many this summer. I am NOT a hot weather person.