The sock knitting continues at a snail's pace. Today they closed the mountain for the summer due to extreme fire danger so DH will be around much more on the weekends without his regular hikes. I'm not really sure if this means more or less knitting time for me.

If you sew or are thinking about sewing, patternreview.com is totally essential. I think you may have to sign up for a free membership to view all the content but it is definitely worth it. There's a large message board, contests such as designing your own ready-to-wear knockoffs, and regular reviews of sewing patterns, books, and machines by members. It has really helped me decide what patterns to buy when I can see photos of what the garments really look like on real people. They also offer regular online classes for all levels of sewing ability.

In honor of Mother's Day, HERE's a cute story about the world's busiest mom. Okay, she's a bunny but she has managed to successfully raise 30 orphaned baby rabbits at Best Friends Sanctuary's Great Bunny Rescue of 2006.

Here's Jack the cat deciding whether the store bought satin pillowcase (bottom) is better than the satin one I made myself (top).



Peaches the Enormous would like to wish all moms, bunnies or otherwise, a terrific weekend.